More than 4.5 million documents have been e-signed by 4.5 thousand companies on Autenti’s unique, secure-signature & document workflow automation platform. Now is the time to accelerate across the European market, supported by EUR 8.5 million of additional capital raised in a new Series B investment round. Autenti’s existing strategic shareholders, including Alior Bank, Bank BNP Paribas, PKO BP, Black Pearls VC and Innovation Nest are now extended with new investors 3TS Capital Partners and Elevator Ventures, the CVC of Raiffeisen Bank International which co-led the new round.
3TS is one of the leading European growth capital firms. The Fund provides expansion capital for B2B SaaS technology platforms and software solution companies.
Why did 3TS decide to back Autenti?
- This investment, the second in our new Fund IV, fits 3TS’s investment strategy perfectly. We concentrate on highly scalable technology companies with unique products. After building an innovative, functional platform for secure digital signing and automated document workflow with a leading position in Poland, Autenti is ready for international expansion to create a regional leader. This is the perfect timing for 3TS’ investment, as we have the knowledge and experience in scaling businesses into multiple markets. Autenti addresses the critical, must-have needs of process optimization for nearly 4,500 clients from various segments, which also includes implementations by the most demanding clients, such as some of the largest international banks, as well as foreign and Polish corporations. - says Zbigniew Łapiński, Senior Partner at 3TS.
– The current funding round and strategic support of investors will help Autenti accelerate its foreign expansion across the large and dynamically growing European market. The company will empower businesses to digitally transform and eliminate off-line methods of signing paper documents, as well as transition to more environmentally sustainable organizations - adds Zbigniew Łapiński.
Elevator Ventures is the Corporate Venture Capital entity of Raiffeisen Bank International (RBI). Fund’s primary focus is on growth and early-stage investments in fintechs and related enabling technologies in Central and Eastern Europe. Elevator Ventures leverages RBI Group’s expertise, network and corporate strength in order to help promising scaleups expand across this dynamic region and beyond.
Thomas Muchar, Managing Director at Elevator Ventures says about the investment potential:
- Thousands of small and medium-sized enterprises and numerous blue chip companies have verified Autenti's product. We believe that by combining the platform’s holistic architecture with solid team performance and executive skills in enterprise scaling, Autenti can achieve a dominant position in the competitive electronic signature market. As Elevator Ventures, we identified many potential use cases with RBI, and ways in which we could help the company scale across the CEE region. RBI Group has more than 17M+ customers across 12 CEE countries and network banks where we can offer potential synergies to Autenti.
Current investors played a vital role in preparing Autenti for the new round of financing: Black Pearls VC and Innovation Nest, who already invested in the company at the seed stage, as well as all three CVC funds that joined Autenti in 2020 - Alior Bank, Bank BNP Paribas, and PKO Bank Polski. Each of the aforementioned investors followed suit as part of round B.
A signature at the European standard
What are the next steps in Autenti's development? With the support of all seven investors, and the additional EUR 8.5 million of capital, the company’s goal is to be the first choice secure-signature platform in Europe:
- For almost 10 years, we have been offering not only the original secure-signature platform concept, but also built out an entire ecosystem of trust services necessary throughout the workflow of documents. Our clients have access to all the required e-signatures, electronic seals, identification methods and qualified services critical in executing core business processes in Financial Services, Insurance, Manufacturing, Healthcare, and other regulated industries. This is what makes Autenti stand out, not only in Poland but also abroad, where we are already operating. We are on track to create a European standard in the area of secure-signatures and identification methods. Our solutions are consistent with the goals laid out by the EU, in terms of eIDAS 2.0. We also work with well-known suppliers across the continent, each of which meets the advanced technological regulatory requirements , compliance requirements, and guarantees the speed of operations which are very important to Autenti’s clients - says Grzegorz Wójcik, CEO and Co-Founder Autenti.
Why does the company have a chance to succeed across European markets? The ubiquitous use of e-signatures has become a reality, both for business and among individual clients. Autenti’s secure-signature platform particularly suits the needs of the Digital Natives generation, meeting the needs of most the demanding entrepreneurs all the way to the largest corporations. The solution is also well positioned for difficult times, especially post-pandemic and under strong inflationary pressure. Today, entrepreneurs are looking for savings, optimization, easy to use and immediately available cloud solutions. Autenti’s platform is 100% mobile, which is extremely important with the new, hybrid or remote work model. The platform is a one-stop-shop platform solution that makes it possible to use all three types of secure electronic signatures within one process and for each document type. Signing on the platform requires just one-click, and creating an account on any device with Internet access takes only a few seconds.
Autenti has already taken its first steps into international markets, operating in Spain, the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Germany. For many years Autenti’s portfolio also consists of clients headquartered outside Poland, incl. EY, Microsoft, Decathlon, Ikano Bank, Toyota Leasing, Siemens Finance, Vienna Life and many more.
- Thanks to the investors, we will accelerate even faster. We have a clear plan to increase the customer base 7 times over the next 3 years. By the end of 2023, our platform will support all European languages. We are expanding our network of cooperation with suppliers who provide solutions in the areas of qualified trusted services and remote identification (KYC) - adds Grzegorz Wójcik, Autenti.
Autenti’s legal advisor for the transaction was Kancelaria Kondracki Celej, who provided comprehensive legal support in the preparation and negotiation of the transaction documentation. New investors were advised by Wojtaszek & Partners Law Firm.
Date of publication: