We receive a lot of additional inquiries from our customers regarding the operation of the Autenti platform. We've gathered the most important ones in one blog entry – along with the answers, of course. We hope that thanks to them, you'll be able to move around our platform more efficiently, using it will be enjoyable for you and, above all, it'll facilitate your business. We encourage you to read it and to actively use Autenti.
More questions and answers concerning the platform can be found at help.autenti.com
How to sign up for a corporate account in Autenti?
Registration with Autenti is very quick. In order to open a corporate account, we only require you to provide:
- company name,
- NIP [tax ID] number,
- phone number of the company you represent,
- personal details of the user setting up an account on behalf of the company: name, surname, position, phone number,
Once you've activated your account, you can start sending documents to be signed online.
A corporate account can be set up using the registration form here.
A corporate account can be set up using the registration form here >>>
If multiple people in your company will be using Autenti, add them to the same corporate account.
How do I add my colleagues to the account?
Users can be added to the corporate account by Superadmin or Admin. If you act in one of these roles:
- Log into your account.
- Go to the "My account" section and then to the "Users" tab.
- Click the "Add User" button in the top right corner, above the list of the corporate account users.
- Fill out the form by providing your user details and click "Save".
The new user for your corporate account will appear in the list.
Autenti will send an invitation with an activation link to the newly added user. Only after its activation, your colleague will be able to log into the corporate account on the platform.
How to send documents for signature?
With our FREE account, you can send several documents each month completely free of charge. To send documents without a limit, upgrade to a PRO account. Withdrawing a document doesn't decrease the used document limit.
The process of sending a document via Autenti:
- Log into your Autenti account.
- After logging in, you will be redirected to the list of documents.
- Click the "Create a new document" button in the top left corner of the application.
- You will be redirected to the panel for creating and sending documents, where you can specify what you want to send and to whom.
- In the first field, you must add at least one file to be attached to the document. You can do this by dragging a file or selecting the appropriate one from your disk.
- If you attach more than one file, you can decide the order in which the individual elements will be combined into one document (e.g. start with the contract and then add its attachment).
- We do not support PDF files that have already been signed electronically, are password protected or are so-called active forms.
- Next, enter the name of the document. The name of the document will later be visible in the e-mail to recipients and displayed in the list of documents in the application.
- You can also send an additional message to the recipients of the document. It will be included in the e-mail along with a link to sign the document.
To add document recipients:
- Click the "Another recipient" button. You'll see a form that will allow you to fill in the fields concerning recipients. You can do this yourself or select a recipient from your address book.
- If you are entering the recipient's details by yourself, fill in all mandatory fields. The details provided will be included on the signed document. The recipient of the document can't change them when signing the document, so make sure they are correct. You can add the recipient to your contacts by clicking the "Add recipient to the address book" checkbox.
- When sending a document for signature, we can specify the method of verifying the signatory – whether through an e-mail address (Autenti e-signature) or with additional text message verification (advanced e-Signature). You can also request the addressee to sign the document with a qualified signature. This is required for some types of contracts to maintain written form (a qualified electronic signature is equivalent to a handwritten signature).
- If you are using a completed address book, you can add one or more recipients by selecting the check-box next to them and confirming your decision by clicking the "Add recipient" button. Your selected contacts will appear in the list of recipients. Remember to check the recipient's details and what the recipient is supposed to do with the document, e.g. by using the "Edit" button.
- Each of the added recipients can also be removed from the list of document recipients – such removal doesn't delete the contact from the address book.
- Once everything is ready, click "Send document".
- The document will be sent to all recipients indicated on the list. You may now proceed to signing the documents.
Which functionalities can be used when sending a document for signature?
Recipient of the document in the "for review" version
A document can be sent to the recipient for signature or for review only.
Sending for review means that the addressee can read the contents of the document, see the signing process, but can't make any decision related to the document. Use this option if you want your supervisor or e.g. your legal advisor to see the signed document.
Indication by the sender of the appropriate type of signature on the part of the recipient
The sender can choose what kind of signature will be placed on the document –standard, advanced or qualified. They can direct a similar expectation towards each of the recipients of the document. In that case, they indicate the type of signature (sequentially):
Autenti e-signature (E-mail),
Autenti e-signature (E-mail and text message),
The order in which documents are signed by all recipients
Once all addressees of the document have been added, the sender can determine the order of signatures by clicking on the document signing order button – "Determined by you". In the list of addressees, they then drag people (recipients) to the appropriate position in their chosen sequence. Determining the order only applies to signatories. Subsequent persons in the e-signature process will not receive the document until the person above them in the queue has signed it. Those who are only supposed to read the document will receive it alongside the first signatory.
How to sign a document sent to you?
The recipient of a document can sign it using any device and without the need to first create an account on the Autenti platform. They can do it in a few simple steps and, importantly, don't need to install any software or pay for this service.
Here's what to do, step by step:
- Open the e-mail from the document sender and click the "Document" button.
- You'll be redirected to the page where you sign it.
- If you are asked to provide a regular e-signature, when the signing window opens, mark the statement confirming that you have read the document and click on the "Sign" button.
- Once you've finished signing, you can log into your account (if you have previously created one) or create a new account that will allow you to sign documents electronically more often and more conveniently in the future.
- When all authorised persons have signed the document, you can download it by clicking the "Download" button.